REVIEW: Tales From The Cafe (Toshikazu Kawaguchi)

Book: Tales From The Cafe
Author: Toshikazu Kawaguchi

Premise: In a small back alley in Tokyo, there is a cafe which has been serving carefully brewed coffee for more than one hundred years. But this coffee shop offers its customers a unique experience: the chance to travel back in time.

This is the second book in this series and it follows the same pattern as the first. In this edition we have a man visiting his friend who died 22 years ago, a son who didn't go to his mum's funeral, a man visiting the woman he couldn't marry, and a detective wanting to give his wife a gift. The stories were sweet and had good messages. I found the format quite repetitive however, with the rules being repeated for each of the 4 time travellers. It was a light read, but I think this is as far as I'll go with this series.